Thursday, June 24, 2010

Gold Rush

I have finally decided to walk the walk and make the commitment. Despite the nasty mother in law (AT&T) I’m getting an iPhone 4.
For the first time in my life I’m going to actually wake up early, stand in line and on the premiere be one on the lucky ones (as well as additional 1M people) to have the new majestic device!

So this is how it went (so far):
5:40am – woke up (going to get the iPhone 4 today, YEAH!)
5:55am – reports on the internet: already long lines (still optimistic)
6:15am – the Dinoor team is out on the road (cautiously optimistic)
6:20am – Dunkin Donuts, and we are ready for the action (carbs are always good for the spirit)
6:25am – the parking lot is half full, at 6:25 in the morning!? (Um, Oh...right)
6:30am – finally standing in line, practically at the mall’s entrance with probably 200-300 people in front of us (it is going to be a long day)
7:01am – we are moving! Actually the other line (pre-order) is moving (shall I cut my losses here and now, i.e. leave?)
7:30am – made 10 feet progress and rumors has it the pre-order line is getting in first (50:1 ratio between the lines)
8:45am – nothing (let’s pack our thing and leave, such a looser…)
9:00am – there is a God up there, I have made it! I’m the proud owner of a … ticket assuring me an iPhone (the line is still long, but who cares?)


9:15am – leaving the scene as a winner, I’ll be back later on tonight to pick it up

Stay tuned for more on how the saga ends!

No comments:

Post a Comment