Monday, June 21, 2010

Worth Repeating

I find myself quite often quoting expressions I hear at different places. Surprisingly people seem to enjoy it and even (God forbid) use it at later times...

As an entertaining exercise, I’m going to post these valuable quotes from time to time at the “Worth Repeating” section on the right (keep scrolling down).

To kick it off I’m going to start with a few I’ve heard recently:

1. “Security is like life insurance, you only win when you lose” Dr. Rainer Janßen, Munich Re CIO, EIC 2010, Munich May 2010

2. “The cloud is cloudy, not transparent” someone at EIC 2010, Munich May 2010. While discussing Cloud and security concerns

3. “The bits move faster than people, make sure to bring the people with you” Sanjay Mirchandani, (EMC CIO), EMC World, Boston May 2010. While discussing the journey to the cloud.

4. “The technology market is definitely accelerating - it took IBM 40 years to become the evil, Microsoft 25, Google 10, Facebook 5 and Twitter 2.5” JP Rangaswami, Enterprise 2.0 conference, Boston June 2010


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment